Who is the data controller?
First Place Financial Ltd is the data controller and is registered in England and Wales registered number 6293877, Office Address; First Place Financial Ltd 86-90 Paul Street, London EC2A 4NE
We comply with and are registered under the data protection laws in the United Kingdom and take all reasonable steps to prevent any unauthorised access to your personal data.
You are entitled, on payment of the fee of £10, made payable to First Place Financial Limited to see details of the information we hold about you. If any of the information held is inaccurate we will also make any necessary amendments and confirm to you that these have been made.
You are also entitled to ask us to remove personal information from our records and if you wish to do this then please write to the Data Protection Officer at First Place Financial Ltd 86-90 Paul Street, London EC2A 4NE
Please provide your full name, address and date of birth when contacting us.
How will we use your data?
We will use your data for the following purposes:
- To provide you with a quote
We will use the information provided to us by you to search the websites of our partners in order to obtain the best quotes available to you in respect of insurance.
Should you receive a quote from us but not proceed to a full application and you have not indicated that you do not wish your details to be passed on to one of our partners then we will pass on this information to one of our partners who will then contact you regarding your enquiry. Your details will only be passed on by us once in any calendar month.
Some insurers will carry out checks with credit reference and fraud prevention agencies in order to provide you with a quote. The insurers do not make these checks purely because you are using our service, and may make them if you request a quote via any other source. A record of the enquiry may be viewed by other companies if you apply for their services. These enquiries may include electoral roll and credit information, but will not affect your credit standing.
To provide you with information about our services.
It is very important to us that we provide a service that meets the expectations of our customers. In order to assist us in doing this, unless you tell us otherwise, we may use the information you supply to contact you by phone, e-mail, SMS or otherwise to tell you about products and services which may be of interest to you. For example, these services could include the following
- Our newsletter
- Our Facebook page
- Reminders about our service in 11 months time
- New product launches we are promoting
If you prefer to opt out of such direct marketing activity, please indicate on the main website or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember that by opting out, we will not be able to contact you about products or services that may benefit you
Sensitive personal data
In order to provide you with a quote we may need to collect personal data which the Data Protection Act 1998 defines as sensitive, such as medical history or criminal convictions. By proceeding with obtaining a quote you will signify your explicit consent to such information being processed by ourselves, the insurer and/or its agents.
Third party websites
A cookie identifies your computer to a server that then enables information to be stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies allow a computer to be identified as corresponding to one that has accessed another website or visited a Site previously. Cookies are commonly used on the Internet and do not harm your computer system.
We may, from time to time use and serve cookies, pixel tags or action tags. Any information that is collected via cookies, pixels and action tags is completely anonymous.
We are continually looking to adopt and implement certain practices and technologies in order that we may improve your user experience on our website so it is subject to modification and change at all times.
How can I stop cookies and what effect will this have?
You can stop cookies from being deployed on your computer by configuring your browser not to accept them or opt-out. Please refer to your browser’s ‘help’ facility.
If cookies are already on your system, you can delete them – For more information on cookies and deletion of cookies please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies
Please be aware that deleting certain cookies can result in difficulties when navigating around sites.
We have set out below the important points for you to note when using our website. These summary points are not part of our Terms and Conditions and are for reference only. Before using our website, we recommend that you read all of our Terms and Conditions to ensure that you are happy with them. We suggest that you print a copy of these Terms and Conditions and keep them in a safe place for future reference.
You must only use the ‘firstplacefinancial.co.uk’ website for your personal use or, if a business user, for legitimate business price comparison purposes.
You must provide accurate and complete information when using this website so that we can provide appropriate price comparison quotes.
If you input incomplete or incorrect information whilst using this website and enter into a policy of insurance with an insurer on the basis of that information, your insurance policy may be void, not fully meet your insurance needs and/or not pay out on any claims.
‘firstplacefinancial.co.uk’ must only be used by UK residents. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will constitute an offer or promotion for services or products outside of the United Kingdom.
All information data and copyright material contained on this website must not be reproduced or used by other parties without our prior consent.
We provide a price comparison service and where you propose to enter into a separate agreement or policy with a product provider or service provider, you should check their terms and conditions to ensure that you are comfortable with them.
These Terms and Conditions set out what you should do if you have a complaint against us or a product provider or service provider.
- 1.1 These terms and conditions apply to your use of this website.
- 1.2 By using this website you agree to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms and Conditions you should not use this website.
- 1.3 We may change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. We will give you notice of any changes by posting those changes on our website. We will not vary any terms and conditions which you previously agreed whilst using this website. However, any amended Terms and Conditions will apply to your use of this website from the date they are posted and if you do not agree with the amended Terms and Conditions, you are entitled to stop using this website at that time.
- 2.1 “you” and “your” means the person who proposes to use or is using this website.
2.2 “we” “us” and “our” means firstplacefinancial.co.uk of First Place Financial Ltd 86-90 Paul Street, London EC2A 4NE and agents, and any other person or business to whom we may legally transfer our rights under these Terms and Conditions. You are entitled to stop using this website if we transfer our rights under these Terms and Conditions to a third party. First Place Financial is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (“FSA”) and is on the FSA Register under the registration number 476381.
- 2.3 “website” means a site on the world wide web located at firstplacefinancial.co.uk.
- 2.4 “product or service provider” means the manufacturer, supplier, distributor or provider of any service or product advertised on this website or made available via this website.
- 2.5 “quote” means a price provided by a product or service provider for comparison with other quotes on the basis of the information you have provided. In providing you with a quote we are not able to guarantee the availability of the product, the service or the price set out as you will need to deal with the product or service provider direct to make a purchase.
3. Use of this website
- 3.1 By using this website you agree that:
- 3.1.1 You will not do anything that affects the integrity or security of this website or causes or may cause harm, damage or unreasonable inconvenience to other users of this website or us; and
- 3.1.2 You will not gather, extract, download, reproduce and/or display or advertise on any other website, other online or off-line service or otherwise, any material on or from this website, including but not limited to information relating to insurance prices, whether that information has been gained by the use of data mining, spiders, trawling or other ‘screen scraping’ software or system used to extract data.
- 3.2 If you breach any of the clauses set out at 3.1 above, we may take such action as we deem appropriate to include denying you access to this website, bringing legal proceedings against you and disclosing such information to appropriate legal and/or regulatory bodies.
4. UK residents only
- 4.1 This website is directed only at UK residents and nothing within it or these Terms and Conditions constitutes an offer or promotion of services or products to persons outside the United Kingdom. The products and services described on this website are only available to people who are resident in the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man (but excluding the Channel Islands).
5. Your obligations
- 5.1 You must only use the ‘firstplacefinancial.co.uk’ website for your personal use or, if a business user, for legitimate business price comparison purposes.
- 5.2 It is your responsibility to ensure that all information you supply to us or enter onto this website is complete and accurate, so please double-check your information before submitting it.
- 5.3 You will need to answer a number of questions in order to compare or obtain a quote for any product or service. These questions are designed to ensure that we and all relevant product or service providers have all of the information necessary to provide you with accurate, appropriate and timely information relating to the products and/or services in which you are interested.
- 5.4 In the case of all insurances the level of cover and the amount you pay is determined by the answers you provide to those questions and therefore you should answer all questions truthfully and fully and to the best of your knowledge and belief. If you fail to provide complete and accurate information your quote will be incorrect and if a wrongful subsequent application is made and accepted on that basis by the insurance company concerned in the event of a claim under that policy they may not pay the claim:
- 5.4.1 any insurance product purchased may be void (meaning you will not be able to make a claim);
- 5.4.2 you may have to pay additional premiums under your policy to reflect any increased insurance risk as a result; and/or
- 5.4.3 You may be liable for damage or loss to a third party if you cause an accident.
- 5.4.4 This will depend on the terms and conditions you have agreed with your product or service provider.
- 5.4.5 If you are purchasing or using a product or service provider’s website directly you should also read their terms and conditions. The product or service provider’s terms and conditions will cover any transaction or agreement between you and the product or service provider, whereas these Terms and Conditions agreed with us relate only to your use of this website.
6. Our Service
- 6.1 We provide a service which enables you to compare a number of prices for products and services and make a decision based on those comparisons with the option to apply through our website.
- 6.2 When seeking advice for your retirement options we will need all of your current pension details in order to provide accurate comparisons.
- 6.3 The information you give us is used by the product or service provider to formulate their quote. Therefore, it is important that you double-check all information to ensure that it is complete and accurate. We seek to ensure that we accurately pass on the information you have provided to the product or service provider for the purpose of providing a price comparison.
- 6.3.1 Breakdown of your current pension.
- 6.3.2 Annuity Quote. Either, Standard, Enhanced or Impaired. An additional medical questionnaire will be required for enhanced and impaired.
- 6.3.3 Pension Income Drawdown. This to provide Maximum Tax Free Cash and an income up to the maxim allowable. An additional Questionnaire will be required to confirm the quote basis.
- 6.3.4 Third Way product. An additional Questionnaire will be required to provide the quote basis.
- 6.3.5 Transfer Value Analysis Report (TVAS). This is required when transferring certain company schemes to an alternative Pension Plan.
- 6.4 Quotes provided by insurance companies via us will be e mailed to you only. We will obtain quotes on the products you require only.
- 6.5 Your information regarding retirement options or quotes obtained will not be passed on to other parties.
- 6.6 Your application will be posted to you with instructions for completion following discussion over the phone and e mailed quotes.
- 6.7 We will contact you as necessary during the application process to clarify any point on the application form you have submitted and keep you up to date with progress.
- 6.8 These Terms and Conditions and our correspondence with you will be communicated in the English language.
7. Validity of quote
- 7.1 We do not control the price, length of offers, or special conditions relating to price comparison quotes. These are set by product or service providers. If you obtain a quote and would like to see how long it is valid for or any special conditions relating to it, please click through the links contained on our website to the product provider or service provider’s website. Product and service providers’ prices, rates and offer times are updated and amended on a regular basis so our price comparisons are subject to change.
- 7.2 In order to purchase any of the products or services described on our website you are required to fill out the product or service providers application form which is the final application stage on our website. We have produced an on line application form which will then pre populate an insurance company form which will be e mailed to you at the end of the process. When linking to the car or home insurance site you will have to follow that particular websites procedures.
8. Delivery of quote
- 8.1 You should receive the results of our price comparison technology online. However, we rely on the availability of third party sites and general performance of the worldwide web. At certain times some or all online quotes may not be available to you due to problems with third party websites or the worldwide web. Wherever possible, we will try and notify you of this and email you to let you know when your quotes are ready.
- 8.2 Whilst we strive to provide as comprehensive and easy to use a service as possible, the requirements for your quote may not be met if such requirements are unusual, “non standard” or “high risk”. If this is the case you should contact us directly to discuss your requirements if this is relating to life assurance or retirement options. If car insurance then you should contact the insurer directly.
- 8.3 Each product and service provider will have a different approach to the provision of their quotes and may not make quotes available for all of their products. Where you have expressed an interest in a product restricted by a product or service provider, the provider may contact you to assist further (provided that the provider continues to treat your data as confidential and comply with data protection legislation).
9. Responsibility for content
- 9.1 We are responsible for ensuring that we accurately reflect product or service quotes via our price comparison technology. We are also responsible for statements of fact made to you by us and protecting your data in accordance with data protection legislation.
- 9.2 We will use our best endeavours to provide you with a quality service and virus free website. However, we are not responsible for computer viruses or other computer related problems you suffer as a result of using this website, which are beyond our reasonable control. We recommend that you use your own appropriate virus checking software.
- 9.3 We are not responsible for any commentary, opinions, ratings or other postings on this website by third parties.
- 9.4 Product or service providers and third party websites are responsible for failings or errors on their websites and may have a separate duty of care to you.
- 9.5 You may be entitled to rights separate to these Terms and Conditions under English consumer law or other legislation.
- 9.6 We do not prevent or exclude our responsibility to you for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
10. Intellectual property
- 10.1 All information, data and copyright material contained on this website, including any trade marks (whether officially registered or unregistered), trade names, brands, logos and devices belong to us or to people whom we have given ownership or permission to use such information data and/or copyright material. You must not use such information or copyright material unless you have written permission from us or the owner to do so.
- 10.2 You may download or copy the content and other downloadable items displayed on this website for personal non business use only, (i.e. to assist with a purchasing decision), provided that you are not otherwise breaching these Terms and Conditions.
- 11.1 We will comply with all applicable data protection legislation from time to time in force in respect of the personal data we collect from you.
12. Third party websites
- 12.1 This website contains links to websites operated by third parties. Some of those websites will carry our branding and are therefore only accessible by our customers. The operation and content of those websites are determined by those third parties and will be governed by separate terms and conditions. We do not accept responsibility or liability for the content of any third party website, as this is outside of our control.
- 12.2 Links are provided for convenience only and inclusion of any links should not be taken to imply endorsement in any way of the site to which it links.
- 12.3 You may wish to take the following steps when purchasing a product or service from a third party website:
- 12.3.1 Read and ensure that you understand the terms and conditions of their website and terms and conditions of any product or service you might be agreeing with them;
- 12.3.2 Clarify and/or check your understanding of relevant terms and conditions by seeking independent advice, for example if the proposed transaction is of significant financial value to you or your insurance criteria is particularly unique or high risk; and/or
- 12.3.3 Check that the entity you are dealing with is properly regulated (for example, by the Financial Services Authority, if applicable). You can do this by checking the FSA’s website and searching on the FSA’s Register which provides a list of all FSA regulated firms.
- 13.1 We may issue a warning, temporarily suspend, permanently suspend or terminate your right to use this website if you:
- 13.1.1 Substantially breach any of these Terms and conditions;
- 13.1.2 Infringe or violate or attempt to infringe or violate any rights of any other user(s) of this website and/or third parties in connection with this website; or
- 13.1.3 If you are using this website to commit or attempt to commit a criminal offence.
14. Jurisdiction and enforceability
- 14.1 If any provision of these Terms and Conditions are held by a competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions will not be affected and will remain valid.
- 14.2 In the event of a dispute in connection with or arising out of these Terms and Conditions, English law will apply.
- 14.3 These Terms and Conditions will only apply as between us and you. Unless as otherwise stated in these Terms and Conditions no other person may benefit or rely upon these Terms and Conditions.
15. Complaints procedure
We aim to provide a high level service to all our customers but occasionally things can go wrong. When this happens we will do everything we can to put things right and assist you.
What to do if you have a complaint?
If you have a complaint about our service, please contact us first by email and if after emailing us you are still not satisfied please write to our Customer Relations Manager at the address shown below.
For the purposes of handling complaints our working day is 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays.
Please email us at email@example.com and we will attempt to resolve your complaint by close of business the following working day. If we are unable to resolve your complaint, we will try and agree the next steps with you.
Please address your letter to:
First Place Financial
Customer Care Manager
First Place Financial Ltd 86-90 Paul Street, London EC2A 4NE
Please include your name and address, a contact telephone number, your quote number and details of why you are unhappy. This will help us to respond to you as quickly as possible.
If we do not have enough information to investigate your complaint we will try and contact you to ask for further details.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint by the close of business the next working day, we will send a written acknowledgement of your complaint to you within 5 working days of its receipt. In our acknowledgement we will advise you of the name and job title of the person who will be dealing with your complaint.
By the end of eight weeks after receipt of your original complaint letter we will send you a final response or a letter explaining why we are still not in a position to issue a final response and advising you of when we expect to be able to do so.
You may after eight weeks, or if you are unhappy with our response to your complaint, contact the Financial Ombudsman Service who may be contacted at South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR, Telephone 0800 0234567. Website: http://financial-ombudsman.org.uk.
If your complaint is regarding a product or service that you have purchased via this website, then you should complain directly to the relevant product or service provider responsible for supplying the product or service about which you wish to complain.
We cannot answer complaints on behalf of a product or service provider or accept responsibility for any such complaints. We recommend that you visit the website of the product or service provider and follow their complaints procedure if you wish to make a complaint against them.